The Board, Executive Management, and all staff at St Basil’s Homes SA share a commitment to Quality which is characterised by a strong customer focus, supporting a culture of continuous improvement, encouraging leadership by example, promoting a safe learning environment for staff, and the implementation of best practice approaches.
Quality is a goal of everything we do and is identified as a part of everybody’s work. It is embedded in the attitudes of all management and staff members of the organisation. We ask “How can we do things better?”
Ultimately, we strive to provide the best possible care and services to our customers, their representatives and other stakeholders. The needs and expectations of both our internal and external customers drive our services.
We actively seek to evaluate how well we meet our customer’s needs and expectations on an ongoing basis – continuously. We formally measure our performance to assess the impact of our actions to improve quality outcomes for our customers, their representatives, and other stakeholders. These results are used to make further improvements to complete the circle of quality improvement.
Our Quality Objectives are
- Maintain a strong customer focus which works towards achieving the best quality outcomes for our customers, their representatives, staff and other stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for improvement which make a positive difference to the lives of our customers, their representatives, staff and other stakeholders.
- Empower management and staff to lead by example in the pursuit of quality outcomes.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in management and staff which influences all aspects of their roles.
- Develop organisational frameworks which support quality including: policies and procedures which are customer focused and outcome oriented; reporting structures which emphasise measured results supported by data as evidence; risk management plans and review processes; monitoring and review processes including an evaluation framework driven by internal and external requirements; HR systems which support staff development and performance management.
- Support a learning environment where management and staff are able to increase their knowledge and skills to provide the best care and services to our customers, their representatives, staff and other stakeholders.
- Actively evaluate the impact of our actions through measurement and demonstration of care and service improvements to provide evidence of the outcomes of quality initiatives.
- Identify areas of aged care which require more detailed study and research to improve outcomes for older people and their representatives.
- Help identify barriers to achieving optimal quality care and service outcomes.
- Facilitate achievement of efficient and cost-effective care and service delivery.
- Meet all requirements of the Aged Care Accreditation Standards and Home Care Common Standards.